Sunday, June 24, 2012

How Well Do You Know Your Dad?

These are the questions and answers to the magazine quiz I mentioned in the previous post. While I'm tempted to just post the questions for now and let you guess the answers, I'm actually going to do the questions and answers. For the cousins, I'd encourage you to think about asking your dad these same questions. You might be surprised with some of his answers. 1. How did your father usually get to school as a kid? He walked. 2. How does your father sign his name? (nickname? Middle initial? Full name? ) Full or middle name (Larry H Armga) 3. Does your father remember where he took your mother on their first date together? He doesn't. 4. Can your father stand on his head? No. 5. Has your father ever written a letter to a Congressman or the President? Yes. It was about the trout business. 6. Does your father have any photograph of his own father and mother? Yes. Of his grandparents? Yes. 7. Has your father ever forgotten his (and your mother's) anniversary? He hasn't. 8. Is your father a morning person or a night person? A morning person. He likes to get up and go! 9. What section of the newspaper does your father read first? The front page. 10. If you said to your father, "Give me a five!" What would he do? (Ask why you need the money, ask "Five what?", or slap your hands?) Dad would have asked, why do you need the money? 11. Roughly how often does your father get a haircut? Every month. 12. What party has your father voted for in the most recent Presidential election? Republican. 13. Has your father ever had a beard? No. 14. Has your father ever owned a convertible car? No. 15. Does your father snore? Yes, frequently. 16. Does your father have any scars? Yes, on his thumb, left leg, right thigh (this one was from a barbed wire fence). 17. Some married men wear wedding bands, and some do not. Dad did not have one. 18. Can your father name at least three current rock music groups? Dad said 'yes'. (Dang, I didn't ask him to name them. I wish I would have.) 19. Where is your father most ticklish? On his ribs. 20. Does your father have any shoes that aren't black or brown? Yes. (Who could forget those white shoes. He loved them!) 21. Has your father ever driven a motorcycle? Yes. (I think Dad was pretty pleased about this answer.) Were you surprised at any of his answers? Next installment -- the four questions that Dad suggested. I learned something new.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hit the wrong button. I originally asked when you asked Poppie these questions. Then I saw the other post. I was going to place another comment saying I found it and deleted it instead. I am a dork, sorry. Thanks for these, I love them.

      Delete
  2. I am not surprised by these answers. Could I have answered them myself? Probably not all of them. My Dad was such a nice guy! Such a softy in his later years. Love you Dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it is true that I could have correctly answered many of these. What I wouldn't have known for sure was that dad couldn't stand on his head, had never had a wedding band and about his scars. Of course I didn't know he was ticklish. But that he never forgot their anniversary -- no, that was no surprise. How could he forget with it being the day after Christmas and that he and mother were always very unhappy with each other because of how Christmas had gone. Or at least unhappy during our growing up years. Maybe in later years it got better.

      Delete
    2. Why were they unhappy with howChristmas had gone?

      Delete
  3. Very cool. I'm excited to read the other questions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post/memory Carol. I didn't know any of the answers. I thought dad had a wedding ring. I guess it was the ring that he picked out himself and Bruce knew about it and told all of us about it. That must be the ring I see in my minds eye when I think about dad's hands.

    ReplyDelete